11 September 2013

Oh, Oscar!

Does any man do a ballgown like Oscar de la Renta? His collections are the epitome of ladylike elegance, and Oscar continues to sweep me off my feet season after season.



As a rendition of "Here Comes the Sun" played and the first models took the runway, a string of conservative cuts in black and white accented with lovely lace floated by. The tempo quickened (as did my heart), the skirts became fuller, and with the first glimpse of tulle, I knew Oscar was coming into his element. Florals, full skirts, flowing gowns, elegant embroidery, and perfectly placed appliques overwhelmed the senses! Swinging chandeliers from the ears, fresh faces, and sleek hair complemented the look. Words simply cannot express the beauty, so without further ado, I present my favorites from the S/S 14 collection:  










All photos belong to Style.com

Oscar, you will always have my heart.

Via Oscar de la Renta

Fancy another glass of pink champagne? Follow along on FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovin




2 comments:

Hill said...

This was my absolute favorite collection I've seen this week. Oscar is always perfection. Oh the things I would do to actually own one of these beautiful gowns.

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

I loved the colors in his collection this season! A lot of black and white for spring as well