10 June 2010

Give me those Bright Lights, Long Nights

Are you singing in your head, doing a little dance, and picturing Whitney Port getting out of a cab? Bonus points for you! Between my MOH's bachelorette party in NYC this past weekend and going to see SATC2 Monday night (did you all love it?), I'm in a New York state of mind! (Did I just cross the line of one too many song references?)

Friday afternoon, we started MOH's bachelorette weekend at one of the girls' houses in Connecticut. We spent the afternoon lounging by the lake, taking a boat ride with sangria and appetizers, grilling shrimp, chicken, and steak for dinner, and grabbing a drink at the tiki bar down the road.
The next morning, it was time to start spreading the news... we were leaving today! (LAST New York song reference - I couldn't resist sneaking in one more!) We were off to NYC and could not believe the views when we checked into our suite upgraded-to-the-penthouse-suite at the Gansevoort!
We spent the afternoon lounging by the rooftop pool, swimming, and drinking cosmos (after giddily screaming like 13-year-olds and running around our suite).
Dinner was tapas style at the Stanton Social, and we finished the night by dancing our little hineys off at Griffin. Champagne, a private VIP booth, and gorgeous chandeliers everywhere made us quite the happy bunch.
Oh, and need I mention a certain red-soled shoe store I discovered walking through the meatpacking district??? LOU-BOU-TIN. They were closed (sigh), but I squealed and pressed my nose up against the window like a puppy dog.
Brunch the next morning was the perfect end of our girls' getaway (I had my heart set on Pastis for the obvious SATC reasons, but it was a two and a half hour wait... and we were hungry ladies!). CANNOT wait to celebrate with these ladies again when my MOH becomes a Mrs. in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Ohhhh that sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad y'all had fun!!! Thanks for sharing! :)